The Indian Institutes of Technology Joint Entrance Examination, popularly known as IIT JEE, is considered one of the toughest engineering entrance exams in India. Aspirants work hard to crack the JEE Main and Advanced exams to secure a seat in one of the prestigious IITs. However, one question that often troubles aspirants is, "How many times can we attempt the IIT JEE exam?" Let's dive deep into this topic and find out the answer.
Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main Exam
Before discussing the number of attempts allowed, let's understand the eligibility criteria for appearing in the JEE Main exam:
- Candidates should have passed Class 12 or equivalent examination with at least 75% marks for general category candidates. SC/ST candidates must have scored a minimum of 65% marks.
- Candidates who have appeared for Class 12 or equivalent examination in the current year can also apply for the JEE Main exam.
- There is no age limit for appearing in the JEE Main exam.
Number of Attempts Allowed for JEE Main and Advanced Exams
Now that we have understood the eligibility criteria, let's move on to the number of attempts allowed for JEE Main and Advanced exams:
- Candidates can appear for the JEE Main exam three consecutive times.
- There is no limit on the number of attempts for the JEE Advanced exam. However, a candidate can appear for JEE Advanced only two times in two consecutive years.
It's essential to note that the number of attempts allowed is subject to meeting the eligibility criteria mentioned above. If a candidate fails to meet the eligibility criteria, they will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
Preparation Tips for JEE Main 2023 Exam
JEE Main 2023 exam date is yet to be announced. However, it's expected to be conducted in the first quarter of 2023. Aspirants who are planning to appear for JEE Main 2023 should start their preparation as early as possible. Here are some tips to help aspirants prepare well for the exam:
- Start by building a strong foundation in concepts and problem-solving skills.
- Solve previous years' question papers and take mock tests to improve time management and accuracy.
- Devote enough time to each subject and ensure equal attention to all topics.
- Stay updated with the latest exam pattern and syllabus.
How Exprto Mentorship Can Help Aspirants with Recent JEE Toppers
Apart from self-study, aspirants can seek help from expert mentors. Exprto is an online platform that offers personalized mentorship to JEE aspirants. The mentors at Exprto are recent JEE toppers who have gone through the same journey as the aspirants. They understand the challenges and provide guidance accordingly. Here's how Exprto mentorship can help aspirants:
- Design a personalized study plan based on the aspirant's strengths and weaknesses.
- Provide one-on-one doubt-clearing sessions to help aspirants clear their doubts.
- Analyze the aspirant's performance in mock tests and provide feedback to help them improve.
- Offer guidance on exam strategy and time management.
In conclusion, candidates can attempt the JEE Main exam for three consecutive years and the JEE Advanced exam for two consecutive years. Aspirants who are preparing for JEE Main 2023 should start their preparation early and focus on building a strong foundation in concepts and problem-solving skills. They can seek help from expert mentors at Exprto to improve their performance and achieve their dream of getting into one of the prestigious IITs.
Read more relevant blogs:
Personal Mentorship for JEE by Recent Toppers - Exprto
Last Month's Strategy for JEE Mains Preparation - Tips and Tricks from Toppers
JEE Main 2023 Exam Date Announced; link to check inside